Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THE MIST

It has been a long time since I read a science fiction novel written by my favourite Stephen King , I guess he is not my favourite only.I have just found the time to finish The Mist by Stephen King.

The Mist is a short novella King published in 1985 among 22 short stories under the title “The Skeleton Crew” . I do not want to include the Wikipedia Pages of the Mist or the skeleton crew here because they are full of  spoilers , seriously they kill all the fun  the horror .It is more like a apocalyptic novel as I see it . King was just like Agatha Christi and like Alfred Hitchcock whom he mentioned in the novel, he did not give any hint on how the story would end or how the next chapter will be.

You have to know that the location of the story event is Maine where King lives and he was inspired to write it after a big storm and visiting the supermarket the other day with young son then.

The Mist was presented as film in 2007 , I have not seen it but I saw its trailer and after reading the novel I wonder how that horror in it will be transferred to the screen , I mean after reading for Stephen King I found out it is  thriller to read for him then to watch films based upon his wonderful work.Still of course I want to see that film so much,there were excellent adoption for his work , I mean you can’t forget the performance of Jack Nicholson in the Shining and Kathy Bates in Misery .

If you have a spare time and You love to read ,then I recommend that you buy it and read it ,it is worth it. If you find the film shown on TV then watch it.

3 comments:

  1. I have read his books and have seen some of his movies, my son use to have all his novels and sold them on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got to see the movie, it is not that scary combared to the book, specially for horror movie fans, but still the last scene is a master peice

    Regards

    Crazy Dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MRS.Cloud , I wish I knew that he was going to sell them , I would have bought them.

    @Crazy Dog, thanks for the advice ,insh Allah I will see it , you made me interested to see the last scene

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.